- Does the product or service contain at least a minimum set of features to collect data to validate the product or idea and its continued development? (must contain at least a mockup/specs but does not have to be a full working prototype)
- Is the product/idea compelling and easy to use for a typical end-user?
- Does it encourage user retention?
- Did the team describe a plan to make this a successful business?
- Can the solution generate revenues from the for-profit, non-profit, or government sectors?
- Did the team demonstrate a go-to-market strategy and scalability of the business?
Customer & Market Validation
- Did the team identify the size and composition of the target market?
- Do they understand the customer and his/her needs?
- Did they clearly articulate the unique value proposition that distinguishes them from the competition?
*Judges reserve the right to modify the number of teams selected to advance to the final pitch.